'Be the best that we can be'
Sitwell Infant School believes that every child is entitled to enjoy their learning. This is a place where everyone is valued and cared for as an individual, their views and heritage respected and where the children are at the centre of all we do. We allow the uniqueness in each individual to flourish through a happy, safe and stimulating environment where curiosity is encouraged and everyone can meet their personal goals and fulfill potential: intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally, morally and spiritually. Through a positive community ethos, we listen, engage and promote a can-do attitude in order to prepare all learners for their future lives so they know how to make the right choices. We enable safe, enjoyable learning within the context of a rapidly changing technological world. We nurture our pupils to ensure they truly become the best that they can be.
We encourage all children to be:
Successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society
We place a special emphasis on the following values throughout the school year:
Kindness, gentleness, honesty, respect, resilience and communication.
Please take a look at our Sitwell Superheroes, who help children to follow our golden rules, developing a strong understanding of the values above.
As a school we aim:
- To create a happy, healthy school in which all members of the school community feel valued
- To provide a caring, secure and stimulating environment in which to educate each child intellectually, socially, emotionally, morally and physically, so that he/she can reach their full potential; moving on to the next stage of their education with confidence and high self-esteem, fully prepared for their role in society
- To ensure that all teaching is of a high standard, enabling children to make at least good progress in all subjects
- To provide an inclusive, creative curriculum that is broad, balanced, relevant, challenging and differentiated to each child’s needs
- To provide equality of opportunity for all children, regardless of age, gender, race, creed, culture, physical disability or special educational need
- To have high expectations of standards, both of achievement and behaviour
- To encourage children to be self-motivated and develop a positive attitude towards learning so that they can respond to challenges, develop lively, enquiring minds using both logic and creativity and apply themselves to tasks with self-discipline, resilience and an increasing sense of responsibility for their own actions
- To foster an ethos in which children co-operate with each other, develop an understanding of right and wrong, and feel and show respect and tolerance towards the beliefs, opinions and values of others
- To foster in children a sense of responsibility and caring for the local school environment and to become aware of the global community and of how wider environmental issues may affect them
- To involve parents in their children’s education and encourage strong links between home and school
We believe our aims provide the basis for the delivery of a dynamic, exciting curriculum, the provision of a stimulating and creative learning environment and a strong holistic foundation, which will prepare our children for the ever changing nature of society.