'Be the best that we can be'
Our vision statement has been shaped and developed after consultation with the whole school community, incorporating everyone’s hopes and aspirations for Sitwell Infant School over the next five years.
Sitwell Infant School is a school where positive relationships are at the heart of everything we do. Through a shared focus on the core values of kindness, gentleness, respect, resilience, communication and honesty, our children grow into well rounded individuals who develop a love of learning and are well prepared for their future learning journey. To continue to provide our children and families with an outstanding experience during their time with us, over the next five years we will:
- Develop a community wide shared understanding and respect for each other’s differences and celebrate diversity in all its forms. We will challenge stereotypes and appropriately develop children’s understanding of important issues such as bullying, racism and equality.
- Ensure our children are proud of their backgrounds and heritage, valuing and celebrating the range of religions, cultures and languages spoken within our school.
- Nurture the wellbeing of all members of our school community; building a culture of sustainable work/life balance for staff and a strong understanding of how to look after ourselves to ensure we are both mentally and physically well. Introduce school animals to support both adults and children’s mental health and wellbeing.
- Work closely with our families, guaranteeing school is supported by parents and parents are supported by school, to enable children to thrive and become the best version of themselves.
- Further develop links with our local community through visits to local places of worship, businesses and places of interest, building children’s understanding of and pride in where they come from.
- Provide children with a meaningful, exciting, creative and inclusive curriculum which is shaped according to what our children need to know, understand and do in order to thrive in the future. Children will be interested and excited by what they are learning and will make excellent progress across the curriculum.
- Build first hand experiences into the curriculum every year to enhance and support children’s development, such as educational visits and special events in school. Offer a wide variety of extra-curricular opportunities which build on children’s learning in school and inspire them to develop interests outside of school.
- Use state-of-the-art technology to support learning across the curriculum in each key stage; ensuring staff are fully trained and equipped to use technology to enrich children’s learning.
- Collaborate as a whole staff to continually explore new approaches to teaching and learning, using evidence based strategies and research to impact positively on our children.
- Introduce children to ways in which we can support sustainability and foster eco-friendly practices within and outside of school.
- Redevelop the use of our wonderful outside area, offering child-centred inspirational learning opportunities that support children’s holistic growth through play, exploration and supported risk taking.
Please take a look at our Sitwell Superheroes, who help children to follow our golden rules, developing a strong understanding of our key values noted above.